A picturesque village in East Suffolk
These free roadshows will provide advice on the rising cost of living.
Over the coming weeks, East Suffolk Council are holding a series of events across the district to help provide advice to people who might be struggling with the rising cost of living, or have concerns about their finances over the coming months. The financial roadshow is offering free professional advice to residents on dealing with rising fuel costs, benefits and debt management as well as information on financial support available to them and money saving tips. As well as representatives from East Suffolk Council, advice and support will also be on offer from local groups and organisations.
The roadshow is part of a wider set of cost of living projects being developed by East Suffolk Council to help ease the squeeze on households. The roadshow will offer an opportunity for people to speak in confidence with a professional adviser, or to make an appointment for a chat at a convenient date in the future.
Dates and venues for each of the events taking place are as follows:
• Southwold United Reformed Church – Tuesday 18 October (11am-2pm)
• Woodbridge Community Hall* - Tuesday 25 October (10am -12noon)
• Beccles Blyburgate Hall – Thursday 27 October (11am-2pm)
• Halesworth St Mary’s Church – Tuesday 1 November (11am-2pm)
• Felixstowe St Philips Community Hub – Wednesday 2 November (10.30am-1.30pm)
• Carlton Colville* Uplands Community Centre – Friday 4 November (10am-12noon)
• Reydon Village Hall* - Friday 11 November (2pm-4pm)
• Framlingham St Michaels Church – Tuesday 15 November (11am-2pm)
• Saxmundham Smile Café (The Fromus Centre) – Wednesday 16 November (10am-2pm)
*These events will take place as part of Community Cuppa, organised by Communities Together East Anglia.
Free refreshments will be available at some events.
You can find out more about East Suffolk Councils package of support for residents to help ease the squeeze by visiting www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/squeeze or call 0333 016 2000.